Chestnut Mushroom And Watercress Stroganoff With Giant Wild Rice. Look forward to the change in the season, the different flavours it brings and enjoy cosy nights in with family, friends and good food!
How To Make Chestnut Mushroom And Watercress Stroganoff With Giant Wild Rice:Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 500g chestnut mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 x 85g bag watercress
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 50ml dry white wine
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 100ml hot vegetable stock
- 100ml double cream
- 1 knob butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 250g giant wild rice
- Salt and black pepper
- First, cook the wild rice according to packet instructions. If giant wild rice is not available, then you can substitute with Basmati or long grain rice instead.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add in the butter. Once the butter is foaming add in the onions and a good pinch of salt, frying on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add in the mushrooms and garlic, continuing to fry until the mushrooms are cooked and the onions are softened.
- Add in the paprika, chilli powder, and white wine, then bring to a simmer. Stir in the tomato puree, vegetable stock, and cream, then continue to simmer for 10 minutes, or until liquid has reduced by a third.
- Once the rice is cooked, take a handful of the watercress, roughly chop and stir through the rice. Stir the remaining watercress into the stroganoff. Taste the sauce, then add salt and pepper if needed. Serve along with the giant wild rice.
Baked Egg Avocado And Watercress Boats:Great for brunch. Are you looking for some nice and healthy brunch recipes? Baked Egg Avocado And Watercress Boats anyone? You might also like this Halloumi And Watercress Brunch Salad too. Baked Egg Avocado And Watercress Boats.
Halloumi And Watercress Brunch Salad (Vegetarian):Lazy weekends are the ideal time to make the perfect brunch. So, if you’re looking for a recipe for a leisurely repast, and one which is nutritious and delicious too, these three new watercress recipes are certain to appeal. Halloumi And Watercress Brunch Salad (Vegetarian).
Kids’ Layered Lunch Pots: Back to School with Watercress:Kids’ Layered Lunch Pots: Fancy making some of these; Kids’ Layered Lunch Pots? Back to School with Watercress.
Baked Pumpkin and Watercress Fondue:Autumn comfort foods with Watercress. Baked Pumpkin and Watercress Fondue.
You Can Find Me Here:
Pop Over And Find Me On Claire Justine Too.
Let’s Get Social: Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube | Instagram |